Procedure for claims of damages to property related to the ice storm
Following the freezing rain event on Wednesday, April 5, 2023, the City received a large number of claims for losses from City residents. In order to assist its residents, the City has put in place procedures to guide residents through the claims process.
To submit a claim to the City for the April 5, 2023 freezing rain incident, please note that you have 15 days from the date of the incident to submit your claim in writing to the City.
In case of damage to the residence
- Please notify your insurance company of any home-related losses (examples: loss of food, damage to home or backyard from tree branches, etc.).
- Please contact Hydro-Québec’s customer service to file a complaint: 1 888 385-7252. For any situation related to the service cut, please call 1 877 571-3155.
In case of damage to a road vehicle
- Please notify your vehicle insurance company of any losses.
In case of personal injury, fall on ice
- Please notify the City in writing of any damages you wish to claim within 15 days of the incident.
- The City will evaluate your claim and a decision will be provided within 2 weeks.
A branch threatens your property or is about to fall
Please contact the Public Works Department by email at [email protected] or by phone at 514-485-6868.
The Public Works Department has set up a special collection for the collection of branches, over several days, to cover the entire territory of Côte Saint-Luc.