Publicizing events of non-profits
Underpass banner request
Non-profit organizations may request space to post a 12-foot by 2.5 foot vinyl banner for a maximum of two weeks at one of two city locations in order to publicize an event in Côte Saint-Luc. The city reserves the right to use these spaces for its own messages. When not used by the city, the spaces are available on a first-come first-served basis.
The locations include the following
- Above the Côte Saint-Luc Rd. pedestrian bridge (westbound), west of the Côte St. Luc Shopping Centre
- Above the Cavendish Blvd. underpass (southbound), north of Fleet Rd.
- The banner(s) must be exactly 12 feet wide by 2.5 feet high. If the banner(s) are any smaller/bigger they will not be accepted.
- The banner(s) must include a blank 2-inch margin around the entire edge and rivet holes at the four corners (within the 2-inch blank margin).
- All lettering (uppercase and lowercase letters) must be of a minimum height of 6 inches.
- There must be a maximum of 16 words on a maximum of 3 lines of text.
- The banner(s) must be bilingual.
- The banner(s) must be made of a plastic coated material that can withstand the elements (e.g., vinyl).
- The banner(s) must look professional with good colour contrast.
When designing your banner, keep in mind that most people will see it from a distance, while driving a car. Step back from your computer monitor or paper to get a better idea of how it will look from far.
Don’t try to put every piece of information on the banner, which will make it cluttered and unreadable to motorists. Avoid slogans. Keep it as simple as possible.
In some cases, you may not have room to include the location. That’s okay. If motorists are interested in attending your event, they will make the effort to look for you online to learn more.
- Call 514-485-6800 ext. 1801 or email@example.com.
- Submit an image file (JPG or PNG file format) showing the design.
- The Department of Public Affairs and Communications will review the application and contact you if any material is missing.
- The Côte Saint-Luc City Council must review all requests, so please allow up to three weeks to process your request.
- If approved, the Department of Public Affairs and Communications will contact you.
- You must send a cheque for $50 payable to “City of Côte Saint-Luc” to complete your request.
- You must deliver your banner(s) to the Department of Public Affairs and Communications at least five days before the desired start date.
- When your banner to removed, we will contact you to retrieve your banner. If the banner is not picked up within three weeks, it will be destroyed.