The Big Drop-off
On Sunday, August 20, 2023, from 9 am to 5 pm, a collection day will held so that residents can bring hazardous household waste at Public Works (7001 Mackle) for safe disposal. You can drop off the following kinds of items:
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Guideline when dropping off HHW :
- Put your HHW in the trunk of your vehicle. Make sure that each product is stored separately (no bulk), in a waterproof container. For example, pool chlorine must be kept separate from other products.
- Show proof of residence in the city of Côte Saint-Luc.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Turn off the vehicle’s engine and open the trunk so that employees can remove the products.
- If you need to give the employees any information, please do so while remaining in your vehicle.
- Acrylic sealant
- Aerosol cans
- Batteries (lead/acid)
- Chemical products for swimming pools
- Cleaning products
- Drain cleaner
- Empty containers
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Maintenance products
- Oil filters
- Oils: linseed, engine, vegetable
- Paint remover
- Paints: latex, alkyds, enamel
- Pesticides and fertilizers
- Propane tanks
- Rust inhibitor
- Undamaged compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Varsol™ type paint thinner
- Wood preservatives
- Biomedical waste: consult a health professional or a CSSS
- Cylinders of compressed gas other than propane: insulating foam, welding gas, helium, CO2 cylinders, etc.
- Explosive products (picric acid)
- Firearms and ammunition: take to the police station
- Laboratory products
- Medications: return to the pharmacy
- Products containing PCBs
- Pyrotechnic materials (fireworks, flares): take to the police station
- Radioactive waste
- Smoke alarms: throw in the household waste
Electronic waste (TIC – Technology, information, communication)
- Cellular devices and pagers
- Computer and video game peripherals (mouse; trackballs; keyboards; keypads; touchpad mouse; media readers; routers/modems; external hard drives; external floppy disk drives; external optical disk drives; numeric keypads; graphic tablets without display; hdmi switches; joysticks; video game console controllers, balance boards, sensors and other input devices; hard drive duplicators;); bridges, wireless access points, switches, range extenders; cables; connectors; chargers; remotes; memory cards; usb keys; toner cartridges)
- Desktop computers
- Desktop printers, scanners, fax machines, copiers and multi-function devices (floor-standing devices are not accepted)
- Display devices (televisions; computer monitors)
- Home theatre in a box
- Non-cellular phones and answering machines, corded and cordless
- Non-portable audio/video systems (video cassette players (vcrs; digital projectors; digital video recorders (dvrs); personal video recorders (pvrs); non-portable disc players/recorders (dvd, blu-ray, etc.; turntables/record players; audio speaker systems; other digital music recorders/players; non-portable combination cassette; karaoke machines)
- Personal/portable audio/video systems
- Portable computers (laptop; notebook; tablet computers; netbook computers; minicomputers)
- Vehicle Audio/Video and Navigation Systems
Documents to be shredded
A maximum of 3 “Bankers” type (12 X 10 X 15 in) box per household is accepted.
And also, the following items are not accepted during the big Drop
- Construction, renovation, demolition debris
- Green waste (compost, garden/lawn residue)
- Household items (lamp, vacuum, kettle, mattress etc.)
- Household waste (garbage)
- Scrap metal