The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a permanent Administration secretary in the Legal services department.
The work consists of various secretarial duties, for administrative support.
DETAILS OF POSITION
- Open and sort mail for department.
- Prepare correspondence of general nature.
- Verify correspondence to be mailed and ensure that it does not contain errors.
- Do follow-up on the progress of documents and due dates; return telephone calls to the appropriate parties.
- Receive, record and transfer telephone calls; greet visitors; gather and give the information on hand.
- Type various texts taken from shorthand notes or other rapid writing method or from other documents.
- Hold supervisor’s agenda.
- Make travel arrangements for superior (transportation), accommodation, monetary advance, list of expenses, etc.
- See to the preparation of material needed for meetings, and proceed with invitations.
- Assist at meetings, take notes of proceedings and prepare reports or draft minutes.
- Gather and assemble information from various sources.
- Perform various secretarial tasks, operate office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, calculator, etc.).
- Use, when necessary, a word processor with the appropriate program.
- Guide and direct certain employees appointed to similar and related tasks and verify the quality of their work.
- Perform all other related duties.
Professional studies diploma, pertinent program and sector.
Two (2) years of experience in a similar job
- Bilingual, written and spoke, English and French
- Excel, Word, Office, etc.
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter by January 24, 2020 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process.
In addition, the City recognizes the diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.