The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire an Aquatics Program Coordinator for the Aquatic and Community Centre.
As the Aquatics Program Coordinator, you will be hired in a management-level position for the City of Côte Saint-Luc, reporting to the Manager – Aquatics & Leisure. The Aquatics Program Coordinator shall be responsible to assist the Aquatics Manager in carrying out tasks related to aquatic activities. He/she shall also be responsible to coordinate and control certain activities within his or her sphere of operations. These areas include but are not limited to; communication between Parks and Recreation Department staff, communication with aquatic patrons, scheduling of activities delegated to him/her, and overseeing the outdoor swimming pool. The Aquatics Program Coordinator will have strong abilities to manage a team of lifeguards and instructors and/or other employees under his/her direct supervision.
The Aquatics Program Coordinator will be required to be responsive to community needs. He/she must have well-developed public presentation and speaking skills, possess the ability to work well under stressful situations with the wide range of people involved in the work of the aquatics area and ability to manage multiple projects and programs. He/she must have a positive team attitude and be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
His or her work requires initiative and the exercise of good judgment. In conjunction with the Aquatics Manager, aquatic policies and procedures, are developed and/or recommended by individuals in this classification.
The Aquatic and Community Centre in Côte Saint-Luc is home to a series of competitive aquatics teams as well as a large variety of recreational aquatics programming. Working as a member of the aquatic’s management team, a high level of organizational, communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Overseeing the daily operations of all City operated pools;
- Responsible for general administration of programs (Scheduling operation times and staffing, budgets and fees: Creations and oversight, promotions, special Events);
- Responsible for the setup and administration of member accounts, working with regional, provincial and national governing organizations;
- Prepare a program budget, financial and program reports;
- Responsible for organizing aquatics related special events and management of volunteers;
- Coordination Lifesaving Programs (lifeguard training, Red Cross Group Lessons, swim to survive & CPR/AED lessons);
- Assisting with the general operations of the aquatic’s division;
- Able to meet stringent deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Oversees the lifeguards at all locations with variety of responsibilities;
- Assist Aquatic Teams Manager and Aquatic & Leisure Manager in the daily operations of the Aquatic and Community Centre;
- Oversee the complete operations of the outdoor swimming pools, including the planning and scheduling of activities;
- Prepare and control annual budgets within the outdoor swimming pool for which he/she shall oversee;
- Establish cooperative relationships with Red Cross and Lifesaving Society for all related programming;
- Ensure that the City aquatic facilities are safe and secure at all times and staff is properly trained on all relevant subjects.
- A CEGEP diploma in Recreation and Parks Administration, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of three (3) years of work experience within the field of Aquatics
- Public/Municipal experience (recommended).
- Lifeguard and First Aid certification or commitment to obtain such
- The candidate must have advanced computer skills in MS-Office
- The candidate must be organized, diplomatic, tactful, discrete, and have the ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Knowledge of Team Management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written) in both English and French
Salary and benefits: According to the Management Policies and Procedures Manual for management employees, between $ 45,000 and $ 62,000.
The employee will also be called upon to work outside normal hours during special events or during other activities necessary for the proper functioning of management.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We thank applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.