The city of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The city prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. The city is looking for an Arboriculture Foreman the Public Works Department.
Under the responsibility of a manager, you plan, organize and control the work of your team whose primary mission is to maintain public trees in the city. As such, you lead unionized employees who plant, cut, preserve trees and perform various activities necessary for the proper functioning of the Public Works Department.
- Determines, in collaboration with his superior, the orientations and objectives of his department and follows them up
- Coordinates and distributes work to their employees
- Handles and monitors complaints that fall within his responsibility
- Acts as a resource person for the employees under his responsibility, but also for the management in his area of expertise
- Inspects and evaluate trees
- Recommends and implements action plans related to its field of expertise
- Administers the City Tree Inventory Database
- Participates in snow removal operations during the winter season
- Assumes, rotationally, the on call service of the Public Works Department
- Replaces and supports horticulture and public spaces foreman, when necessary
- Ensures all department policies and procedures are followed
- Ensure the application of the health and safety rules of the prevention program
- Performs any other related task
Qualifications and education:
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in arboriculture or any other diploma considered relevant
- At least two years of relevant experience (In a unionized environment, an asset)
- Interpersonal communications with internal and external clients
- Sense of organization
- Priority management
- Contribution to teamwork
- Knowledge of Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license (class 5)
- Bilingual English / French, spoken and written
Salary and benefits:
As per the management policies and procedures manual.
Monday to Thursday 6:30am to 3:00pm and Friday 6:30am to 11:45am
The employee will also be required to work outside normal hours during special events or other activities necessary for the proper functioning of the department.
Please forward a copy of your résumé accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes the diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion..