The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000. The city is proud to be able to offer a very high level of service to its residents at a reasonable cost. The City of Cote Saint Luc is seeking a full time Assistant permit agent.
Reporting to the Manager of Urban Planning, the Assistant Permit Agent responds to requests submitted by residents, professionals, businesses, public utility companies, the City or any other organization for information related to building permits, subdivision, land development, zoning and any other work carried out on the territory of the City of Cote Saint-Luc.
- Provide clients with information about current by-laws, at the counter, by telephone or by e-mail.
- Handle incoming requests for permits applications and complaints by opening files using AccesCite Territoire software.
- Assist other staff with documenting and follow up of files, including, but not limited to; writing infraction letters, documenting interventions in AccesCite, maintaining archives, communicating decisions with residents, etc.
- Carry out research, and examine available plans, in response to requests for information.
- Compile necessary documents for new permit applications, depending on the nature of the request.
- Perform any other related task.
- The applicant must have a college diploma (Architectural Technology, Techniques d’amenagement et d’urbanisme or similar) and have one (1) year’s relevant experience or any other combination of education and experience found equivalent.
- Ability to communicate, gather information and deal with the public
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet established objectives and deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret legal and technical administrative documents
- Ability to read and interpret complex technical (Architectural) drawings and documents
- Ability to carry out research and analysis
- Experience working with AccessCite software is considered an asset.
- Spoken and written English and French
- Ability to write reports
- Tact, courtesy and initiative are essential
Working hours: 35 Hours per week: Monday to Friday inclusively, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Salary and benefits: To be discussed
Please forward a copy of your résumé accompanied by a covering letter to:
The city of Côte Saint-Luc operate an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practice. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted