The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. The City of Côte-Saint-Luc is currently looking for dynamic and professional employees to fill auxiliary general labourer positions with the Public Works Department.
According to oral or written instructions from the supervisor, the employee performs various manual tasks, requiring physical effort, related to the cleanliness, repair or maintenance of premises and equipment belonging to the city.
Qualifications and education:
- Have a High School Diploma (Attach the proof)
- Have a valid Provincial driver’s license, class 5 (Attach the proof)
- Have a few years of experience relevant to the job
- Have a good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
- Have a good knowledge of the safety measures to be observed
- Ability to perform all kinds of manual work, work at height and use tools
- General Health and Safety Course delivered by ASP Construction or APSAM (Attach the proof)
- Have a related professional degree (An asset – Attach proof)
- Have a class 3 driver’s license (An asset – Attach proof)
Salary and benefits:
According to the collective agreement the salary is $27.99/hr.
According to the collective agreement, Monday to Thursday from 6:45 to 15:00 and Friday from 6:45 to 11:45, 38 hours a week
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a temporary schedule in effect, from Monday to Thursday 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please forward a copy of your resumé as well as any related documents to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.