The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a temporary Building Inspector.
Hours of work
35 HOURS / WEEK
His/her role consists of applying the regulations, laws, codes and standards in force regarding zoning and construction; check and do follow up of permit requests, complaints and all other demands received by the department, and this, in accordance with the general policies and objectives of the City.
Details of position
- Inform the construction applicants and professionals on the regulations, procedures and process to follow for obtaining or for approval of a license. Verify and analyze the plans and documents submitted, issue permits requested and ensure that there is a follow up before and all through the duration of the work.
- Inspect works related to permits and certificates issued and other works having to do with construction; detect infractions to various regulations and request correction, if it is necessary.
- Prepare and write reports and letters of infractions and in the event of litigation, go to municipal court or any other provincial court. Answer, as well, to requests of investigation reports specific to a file in litigation.
- Analyze, verify and coordinate the requests and documents related to the town planning committee and city council.
- Participate in the development, upon request, in the drafting of the local by-laws; give opinion on the proposed amendments, regulations and problematic cases; on occasion, study overall plans.
- Receive, process and do follow up of complaints presented to the department, assist in all files having to do with cleanliness, or other;
- Coordinate files related to the nature of his work in the engineering department, town planning, fire prevention, public works, public security and any other municipal or provincial authority.
- Approve or refuse requests for license of occupation, demolition, authorization certificates, and all other permits related to construction.
- Education: College Diploma with specialization in an appropriate discipline Card for Health and Safety on construction sites (ASP or APSAM)
- Experience: 4 or 5 years of similar work experience or position
- Other: Fluently bilingual: written and spoken
- Valid provincial driver’s license; class 5
N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test.
How to apply
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter to:
City of Côte Saint-Luc (Human Resources Department)
5801 Cavendish blv., Côte Saint-Luc, Québec H4W 3C3
Fax : 514-485-8926
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes the diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.