The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Community Sports Operations Coordinator for the Parks and Recreation Department.
Under the authority of the Director of Parks and Recreation of the City of Côte Saint Luc or any other manager designated by the City and the Councilor responsible for his portfolio, the Community Sports Operations Coordinator shall be responsible to assist the Community Development and Customer Service Manager in carrying out tasks related to sports activities and sporting facilities. He shall also be responsible to coordinate and control certain activities within his sphere of operations. These areas include but are not limited to; communication between Parks and Recreation Department staff, communication with sports patrons, scheduling of activities delegated to him, and overseeing the Côte Saint-Luc Tennis Club and city run tennis courts. The Community Sports Operations Coordinator will have strong abilities to manage a team of employees under his direct authority.
The Community Sports Operations Coordinator will be required to be responsive to community needs. He must have well-developed public presentation and speaking skills, possess the ability to work well under stressful situations with the wide range of people involved in the work of the sports area and ability to manage multiple projects and programs. He must have a positive team attitude and be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This work requires initiative and the exercise of good judgment. In conjunction with the Community Development and Customer Service Manager, recreation policies and procedures, are developed and/or recommended by individuals in this classification.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Oversee the complete operations of the Côte Saint-Luc Tennis Club and city run tennis courts, including the planning and scheduling of activities.
- Coordinate, and supervise those employees or contractors who are responsible in the operations of Community winter sports activities such as, but not limited to, toboggan hills, ski trails, outdoor refrigerated ice surface, etc.
- Manage and supervise unionized employees relating to sports teams, leagues tournaments and facilities as established within the City.
- Organize and oversee sport teams, sporting activities and facilities.
- Working in partnership with the Community Sports Programs Coordinator in the daily operations/ programming as determined by his direct superiors.
Qualifications and education:
- College degree in Recreation and Parks Administration or Public Administration or an appropriate discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of sports or tennis.
- Minimum of one season of previous management experience in the parks and recreation field or related field.
- Excellent customer service and personnel management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and French.
- First aid and CPR certification or in the process of obtaining it (required)
- Very good knowledge of the Office Suite
- Experience in a union environment is an asset.
- Experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
Salary and benefits: According to the Management Policies and Procedures Manual for management employees, between $50,000 and $62,000.
Schedule: Variable, 35 hours per week.
The employee will also be required to work outside of normal hours for special events or other activities necessary for the proper functioning of the branch.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.