The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Dispatcher – On Call.
The work consists of receiving, recording and transmitting, by telephone, by radiotransmitter or by teleprinter, complaints and requests emanating from the central exchange of the City, the public and from municipal employees regarding the activities of a certain department, division or department sector.
DETAILS OF POSITION
1. Receive and transmit by telephone, radiotelephone or teleprinter instructions, information on works in progress or any other subject.
2. Retransmit the calls received to whomever it may concern, and according to priority, by radiotelephone, telephone or teleprinter.
3. Record the nature of all calls, the time of receipt, and other pertinent information, on a card and do follow-up; take the necessary steps to ensure that the calls are recorded automatically.
4. Monitor alarm consoles (fire, theft, pumps, power, etc. for the municipal buildings) and advise those concerned of the triggering of the alarm.
5. Ensure the retransmission, to interested agencies, of any complaints about them.
6. Receive telephone calls from the public regarding the condition of the streets, water pipeline breaks, power failures or street light breakdowns, or any other defect or complaint relating to municipal services or other public service.
7. Receive and retransmit to whomever it may concern the telephone calls of certain employees reporting their absence from work.
8. Compile data and prepare statistics regarding his activities.
9. Use, if needed, various office work equipment to accomplish certain tasks related
to the job, while using the appropriate programs.
10. Undertake any other related tasks.
– Education: High School Diploma
– Experience: One (1) year similar work experience, allowing employee to become familiar with this line of work.
- Bilingual written and spoken.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Available for shift work, including weekends.
- Well spoken, diplomatic.
N.B. You may be required to submit to an oral and/or written competency exam.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter to:
City of Côte Saint-Luc (Human Resources Department)
5801 Cavendish blv., Côte Saint-Luc, Québec H4W 3C3
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes the diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.