Permit Issuing Clerk
Workplace: 5801 boul. Cavendish, City of Côte Saint-Luc. Parking is free.
Schedule: Monday to Friday. 35 hours/week.
Salary: $62 323.15/year, according to the white collar collective agreement. The salary increases automatically after each year of service for 4 years.
Vacation and time off: After one year you will have, 2 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 14 days of paid holidays and 42 hours of mobile time off.
By becoming an employee of the City of Côte Saint-Luc, you will obtain a stable job in a city with a dynamic team that offers its permanent white collar employees many benefits. We offer:
- life insurance,
- dental and medical insurance,
- short-term and long-term disability insurance,
- a 20% annual discount on your opus card,
- and access to a retirement plan.
You will also have free access to the Aquatic and Community Centre with:
- a training room,
- an indoor and outdoor pool,
- a game room,
- a tennis court,
- a skating rink and access to pedal boats at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park.
In addition, you will have access to the library which has a wide variety of books, and you can rent them for free.
Profile required for this position:
- College diploma, appropriate field and specialty, such as architectural technology.
- Have two (2) years of experience in a job that provides familiarity with the field of employment. Specifically in building inspection or permit issuing.
Your role at the City
As a white collar employee, you will make a real difference in providing excellent service to the citizens of the City of Côte Saint-Luc.
- Verify and analyze plans, estimates and requests for construction permits and building services that are submitted and ensure their conformity to the municipal by-laws in effect as well as to the pertinent directives and policies of the department.
- Point out irregularities in plans and suggest to the appropriate persons the modifications to be made; consult with a professional of the unit for examination of complex or litigious cases.
- Approve the submitted plans and estimates when they are in accordance with all the various regulations whose application, he is responsible for; refuse permit requests when the plans do not conform to the regulations which, he must ensure, are respected.
- Give explanations, at the counter, to contractors, construction professionals and the public for regulation requirements regarding zoning, construction, building services, fire protection, occupancy, cleanliness, signs and billboards to help applicants submit acceptable plans and requests.
- Communicate with various municipal services and respond to telephone requests for information emanating from the public, representatives of other divisions, etc. to inform them on the application of zoning, construction, building services, fire protection, occupancy, cleanliness and sign and billboard regulations.
- Meet with various interested parties such as contractors, engineers, architects, promoters, etc., to discuss the application of various municipal by-laws associated with his sector.
- Perform calculations of job costs to establish the cost of permits.
- Assist and participate in committees and various meetings or reunions with a view to discussing the update of regulations that he must apply, or the interpretation and application of regulations and standards related to his sector of activity.
- Prepare various reports and correspondence related to his field.
- Analyze reports that emanate from the inspection divisions of construction work and premises occupancy which describe the buildings, or the various systems related to the buildings; occasionally, proceed with some verifications, from both an occupancy and construction aspect, to gather certain information required for a better comprehension of the file.
- Regularly visit the construction sites to ensure a compliance of the documents that are submitted for a permit request.
- Use, if needed, various office equipment to accomplish certain tasks related to the job, while using the appropriate programs.
- Testify at various administrative tribunals as part of his mandate.
- Undertake any other related task.
- Send us a copy of your resume at: [email protected]
For more information
- Send us an email at [email protected]
- Visit our website: About the City of Côte Saint-Luc
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meets the overall profile.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, members of First Nations, and people with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.