The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000. The city prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. The City of Cote Saint Luc is recruiting for a Division Chief – Emergency Medical Services and Dispatch Centre.
The Public Safety Department comprises a unique volunteer Emergency Medical Services (EMS) first responder division, a full-time Public Security by-law enforcement division, a volunteer Citizens on Patrol (vCOP) division, a 24-hour Dispatch Centre and is responsible for emergency preparedness and response.
As the Division Chief – EMS and Dispatch Centre, you will be responsible to grow, enhance and optimize these divisions, using best management practices. You will supervise, train, coordinate and communicate with the members of your team, in order to ensure excellent service to our residents and visitors.
In conjunction with the Division Chief – Public Security and vCOP, and under the supervision of the Director of Public Safety, you will ensure the interoperability and the proper functioning of the operations, taking into consideration the realities of unionized employees and volunteers.
- Develop and support the implementation of tools and projects aimed at improving the services offered
- Follow the evolution of the teams and put in place performance indicators
- Supervise all shifts (day, evening, overnight and weekends)
- Ensure quality control and respond to complaints
- Ensure the adherence to procedures and protocols by employees and volunteers
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
- Ensure the respect of workplace health and safety policies and standards
- Motivate volunteers and recognize their contributions
- Support the Division Chief – Public Security and vCOP, as needed
- Support the integration of new projects
- Plan the work schedule and process the payroll
- Perform any related tasks
- Five years’ experience in a management role in prehospital or a related field
- Experience in managing volunteers and knowledge of the municipal setting are assets
- A university diploma or degree is considered an asset
- Able to multitask and handle high stress situations
- Bilingual English / French, spoken and written
- Class 4A driver’s license, or able to obtain it in a reasonable delay
Salary and benefits
As per the management policies and procedures manual.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 16:30. The employee will also be required to work outside normal hours during special events or other activities necessary for the proper functioning of the department.
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: email@example.com
Notes: The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.