The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Human Resources Manager for the Human Resources Department.
Role: As the Manager of the HR Department, you will be in a full-time management position for the City of Cote Saint-Luc. You will report to the Associate City Manager and Director of Human Resources. Your primary objective is to manage and control all the activities related to labour relations, training, recruiting and organizational development. You will work to conceive and implement strategies in human resources management. The HR Manager works closely with the management team to mitigate and manage employee relations issues.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Manages the Human Resources employees
- Establishes and supports good labour relations with the three unions and their members
- Understanding and interpreting collective agreements
- Implements and enforces collective agreement and management policies
- Plan and coordinate new employee orientations to ensure a smooth and welcoming transition.
- Recommends and supports the administrators in the management of human resources
- Manages change and its impacts
- Maintains up-to-date staffing plan
- Deals with day-to-day labour relations and union relations
- Assists in human resource-related committees
- Tracks employment contracts
- Supervises insurance and pension plan benefits
- Replaces Director in her absence
- Responsible for Salary Equity
- Recruiting and orientation
- Assist Director with the development and implementation of City-wide programs
Qualifications and education:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations or Human Resources management.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and labour laws. This work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule. Knowledge of payroll and benefits is an asset.
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of pertinent professional experience and have managed staff.
- The candidate is required to speak English and French fluently and must possess excellent English and French writing.
Salary and benefits: Salary range between $75 000 and $85 000/year
Schedule: 35 hours/week
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.