The city of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The city prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. Entering the first phase of a migration to Microsoft Office 365, the city is recruiting for a temporary I.T. Support Technician in the I.T. service Department.
Under the supervision of the I.T. Manager, the person will assist in day to day support and maintenance operations and be responsible for providing Help Desk support and responding to level 1 and 2 support issues. He or she may also carry out various regular maintenance tasks and participate in tasks related to the deployment and transition of users to Outlook and other Office 365 applications. Plus, the person will set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of hardware, operating systems, and appropriate software.
Qualifications and education:
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Undergraduate college diploma in Computer Science or a specialized Help Desk Support training program;
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 10 operating systems and Microsoft Office 2013, Office 365;
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and Active Directory administration;
- Knowledge Google GSuite administration an asset;
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting support and communication with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced;
- Provide business systems, network, Internet support and training to users in response to identified difficulties;
- Adapt easily to new and emerging technologies;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Work well under pressure in a team environment;
- Have a functional level of French and English, both spoken and written.
Salary and benefits: According to the collective agreement: 46,100.02$
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.