Workplace: 5801 boul. Cavendish, City of Côte Saint-Luc. Parking is free.
Schedule: This is a full-time 35hrs/week position from Sunday to Thursday.
Salary: Starts at 70 000.00$ based on our collective agreement.
Vacation and time off: As per the collective agreement
By becoming an employee of the City of Côte Saint-Luc, you will obtain stable job in a city with a dynamic team that offers its management employees many benefits. We offer:
- life insurance,
- dental and medical insurance,
- a 20% annual discount on your opus card,
- and access to a retirement plan.
You will also have free access to the Aquatic and Community Centre with:
- a training room,
- an indoor and outdoor pool,
- a game room,
- a tennis court,
- a skating rink and access to pedal boats at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park.
In addition, you will have access to the library which has a wide variety of books, and you can rent them for free.
Profile required for this position:
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a library providing reference services. Some supervisory experience is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and French
- Proficiency in Internet and digital resource searching
- Experience in planning and providing programs and services to meet community needs
- Familiarity with computer processes and applications including Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Dedication to the provision of excellent customer service; and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in reference and reader’s advisory services and technology/digital learning
- High level of professionalism and commitment to the organization and its mission and the ability to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of key trends in library science, including the ability to evaluate emerging technologies.
Your role at the City
The City of Côte Saint-Luc is looking for dynamic employees to join its workforce. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents. We are looking for a vibrant, highly motivated, and creative service-oriented Librarian to make a difference and improve the quality of services in Côte Saint-Luc.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to and advises patrons, in the effective use of Library collection, facilities and services; demonstrates the use of library resources, tools, equipment, and electronic reference sources; assists with digital downloads and other technology related questions.
- Conducts effective reference interviews to assess and satisfy customer information needs.
- Support patrons using the public computers in the Media Lab by giving assistance when needed.
- Supervise, and train staff, student employees, volunteers, and/or interns, as appropriate.
- Performs collection development activities, including materials selection and weeding, and sorting donated materials; selects books and materials with attention to allocated budget
- Develops the collection for an assigned area of the library; reviews and analyzes collection use; recommends books and materials for purchase
- Contributes website content
- Catalogues the collection of an assigned area, as needed
- Develops, implements, and evaluates services and programs for adults; that meet community needs.
- Participates in library-wide programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Performs outreach to the community and community organizations; informs community members and organizations about library services, programs, and collections.
- Responds to suggestions, requests, or concerns from library users or community members.
- Submits required monthly reports, statistics and fulfills any budget requests.
- Participates in meetings, committees, or projects intended to enhance library services or promote consistent policies and procedures across the department
- Send us a copy of your resume at: [email protected]
For more information
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meets the overall profile.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, members of First Nations, and people with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.