Workplace: 5801 boul. Cavendish, City of Côte Saint-Luc. Parking is free.
Schedule: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 10am to 6pm. Wednesday and Thursday from 2pm to 10pm.
Salary: $19.36/hour, according to the white collar collective agreement. The salary automatically increases every year for 4 years. In addition, you will get a raise every January.
By becoming an employee of the City of Côte Saint-Luc, you will be employed in a city with a dynamic team that offers its white collar employees many benefits.
You will have free access to the Aquatic and Community Centre which has:
- a training room,
- an indoor and outdoor pool,
- a game room,
- a tennis court,
- a skating rink and access to pedal boats at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park.
In addition, you will have access to the library which has a wide variety of books, and you can rent them for free.
Profile required for this position
- High school diploma
- Diplomacy and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate easily and understand the needs of residents
- Bilingualism is required in written and spoken English and French
- Relevant experience
Your role at the City
As a white collar employee, you will make a real difference in providing excellent service to the citizens of Côte Saint-Luc.
- The work consists of performing a variety of simple tasks related to the operation of the City’s library.
- Registers subscribers, prepares materials and documentation, and arranges for the loan and recall of documents and audio-visual materials.
- Arranges books, magazines, films, records, etc.; shelves them; files cards, documents; monitors reading rooms.
- Gives simple explanations to library users concerning, for example, subscription and loan regulations, arrangement and use of materials, arrangement of catalogs, use of premises, etc.; refers complex cases, disputes, complaints to his/her superior.
- Facilitates activities for adults and children upon request.
- Stamps documents and affixes bookplates, pockets and labels; affixes the library seal and marks documents with call numbers.
- Consults catalogs to check for listings; indicates requests for materials on cards.
- Makes minor repairs to materials and maintains audio-visual equipment; sorts and prepares printed material for binding.
- Collects money from time to time for fines for late returns, for the fee-based collection, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of entries on auxiliary time sheets.
- Compiles numerical data for statistical purposes.
- Performs clerical, typing and photocopying duties.
- Uses a variety of office equipment as required to perform certain job-related tasks, using appropriate programming.
- Performs all other related tasks.
- Send us a copy of your resume at: [email protected]
For more information
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meets the overall profile.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, members of First Nations, and people with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.