The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are looking to hire a Library clerk on call.
The work consists of carrying out simple and miscellaneous tasks related to the operation of library activities in the City.
Details of position
- Register individuals for membership, prepare material and documentation and proceed with the formalities of lending and returning documents and audio visual equipment.
- Group books, magazines, films, discs, etc: arrange them onto shelves; file cards, documents; supervise the reading rooms.
- Give to library users clear explanations regarding, for example, rules for membership and lending, provision and use of documents, provision of catalogues, use of premises, etc; refer complicated situations, disputes, complaints to the supervisor.
- Host, upon request, activities for adults or children.
- Stamp documents and stick on them the ex-libris, jacket and sticker; affix seal of library and inscribe classification number on documents.
- Consult catalogues in order to verify if certain documents are registered; indicate on cards requests for documentation.
- Proceed with minor documentation repairs and maintenance of audio-visual equipment; sort and prepare printed material for binding.
- Receive, occasionally, certain sums of money, following fines for late return of books, collection, etc.
- Ensure that inscriptions on timesheets of auxiliary employees are correct.
- Compile numerical data for statistical purposes.
- Perform writing, typing and photocopying tasks.
- Use various office automation equipment, as may be required, to perform certain tasks related to the job, using appropriate programming.
- Undertake any other related duties.
N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test (English and French).
- Education High School Diploma
- Experience Less than 1 year of similar work experience
- Required: Bilingual (English and French) written and spoken.
Abilities or aptitudes
- perform simple manual tasks;
- perform basic writing tasks;
- well spoken, diplomatic;
- communicate easily and understand users’ needs.
- 21 hours/ week
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMÉ AND PRESENTATION LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The City of Côte Saint-Luc is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interests, however, only those candidates selected.