The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a temporary auxiliary library clerk.
The work consists of performing simple and varied tasks specific to the operation of the City’s library.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Registers subscribers, prepares materials and documentation, and arranges for the loan and recall of documents and audio-visual materials.
- Arranges books, magazines, films, records, etc.; shelves them; files cards, documents; monitors reading rooms.
- Gives simple explanations to library users concerning, for example, subscription and loan regulations, arrangement and use of materials, arrangement of catalogs, use of premises, etc.; refers complex cases, disputes, complaints to his/her superior.
- Facilitates activities for adults and children upon request.
- Stamps documents and affixes bookplates, pockets and labels; affixes the library seal and marks documents with call numbers.
- Consults catalogs to check for listings; indicates requests for materials on cards.
- Makes minor repairs to materials and maintains audio-visual equipment; sorts and prepares printed material for binding.
- Collects money from time to time for fines for late returns, for the fee-based collection, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of entries on auxiliary time sheets.
- Compiles numerical data for statistical purposes.
- Performs clerical, typing and photocopying duties.
- Uses a variety of office equipment as required to perform certain job-related tasks, using appropriate programming.
- Performs all other related tasks.
Qualifications and education:
- High school diploma
- Diplomacy and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate easily and understand the needs of residents
- Bilingualism is required in written and spoken English and French
- Relevant experience
Salary and benefits: $18.94/hour
Schedule: 35 hours / week
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.