The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Library Programming and Community Engagement Coordinator.
The Programming and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the success of the library programming initiatives taking a leading role in their promotion on a variety of different platforms and using a variety of technology tools to increase accessibility as well as visibility and awareness. The coordinator reports to the Manager of Cultural Services and Library Experience.
Examples of completed tasks
- Maintains the library’s presence on social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
- Creates and distributes the library’s e-Newsletter.
- Finds new and creative ways to market the library’s services using a variety of innovative and/or technological tools.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Communicates the value of the library to the community using a variety of communication tools.
- Develops measurable objectives to review and evaluate the success of marketing strategies and communications.
- Assists in preparation of communication tools advertising program schedule.
- Plans and creates promotional displays.
- Submits design requests to the Communications Department.
- Liaises with the Communication Department and submits design request.
- Updates the Library’s website as it relates to program information and makes general recommendations for improvement.
- Creates instructional videos for library patrons and/or staff.
- Creates promotional videos for library events, programs, services.
- Takes photos at various programs to be used in library promotion and reports.
- Live streams a selection of library events and programs.
- Hosts a variety of library programs on zoom and is responsible for the technical components.
- Operates sound/video equipment in the auditorium as required.
- Participates in CreateSpace multimedia program planning and design and makes recommendations.
- Conducts sound checks, adjusts lighting and verifies technical equipment prior to programs.
Programs and Events
- Surveys residents on what programs they would like, tabulates results and submits analysis.
- Evaluates programs through program feedback mechanisms, tabulates results and submits reports.
- Assists with program planning, coordination and booking.
- Takes attendance at programs as required.
- Liaises with animators/speakers, hosts programs and introduces speakers.
- Maintains the library programs calendar.
- Administers program registration maintaining registration lists, waiting lists and issuing reminders to program registrants.
- Animates programs based on his or her talents.
- Submits timesheets and evaluates staff as required.
- Collects and maintains statistics.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports.
- Establishes policies, standards and procedures, updates manuals.
- Manages departmental telephone calls and emails.
- Attends management meetings.
- Serves as an integral member of the management team collaborating with other Coordinators and Managers on a variety of library initiatives.
- Oversees, coordinates, and/or performs complex integrated activities of a specialized library service or area; plans, organizes, and implements the provision of services.
- Reviews, evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations for service improvements and implementation.
- Creates or participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Implements and maintains service quality and productivity standards.
- Monitors and oversees daily operations particularly in the absence of other managers.
- Oversee building security and facilities management in the absence of other managers.
- Supervise and train lower-level staff, students, interns and/or volunteers, as appropriate.
Qualifications and education
- Bachelor or certificate in Administration or experience in marketing and/or communications or an appropriate discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in the cultural field.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Experience in digital marketing and multimedia including social media, live streaming, video recording.
- Experience in public libraries or equivalent educational background setting an asset.
- Excellent customer service and personnel management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and French.
- Experience in a union environment is an asset.
- Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements.
- Proven ability to plan and work cooperatively within a management team and cross departmental environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, establish priorities and work to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to enable and foster change.
- Excellent supervisory skills, including the ability to develop staff and to build and maintain an effective team.
- Excellent oral, presentation and writing skills, including report writing.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to mediate and resolve conflict effectively.
- High degree of computer literacy and understanding of social media.
- A solid understanding of library service delivery to the public of all ages.
Salary and benefits: According to the Management Policies and Procedures Manual for management employees, between $ 48,000 and $ 55,000.
Schedule: Variable, 35 hours per week
The employee will also be called upon to work outside normal hours during special events or during other activities necessary for the proper functioning of management.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.