The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000 inhabitants. The City prides itself on being able to offer a very high level of service to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking for a maintenance and cleanliness attendant in the Parks and Recreation Department.
Work involves the performance of various maintenance and cleaning tasks in the City’s sports and recreation facilities such as the arena, pool and others. Work is performed under general supervision. The employee receives oral and written instructions. He is primarily responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the building and equipment. He must also sweep, wash, wax, strip and polish floors, dust and empty waste baskets.
The selected candidates must follow CPO (Certified Pool Operator) training and pass the certification exam issued by the NSFP (National Swimming Pool Foundation).
The employee must be available for 2 days of training (8:00 am to 5:00 pm) the week of May 17, 2021. Exact dates still to be determined.
Examples of tasks completed
- Performs washing of ceilings, walls, windows and fixtures using necessary scaffolding and appropriate manual or mechanical methods.
- Cleans, disinfects, sweeps, washes, waxes, strips, polishes floors. Cleans carpets.
- Washes and cleans doors, partitions, shower rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, and fixtures therein.
- Washes filters, cleans the pool and ensures the quality of the water by adding chlorine and other substances as required.
- Performs minor maintenance such as replacing light bulbs or fluorescent tubes.
- Clean snow and ice from arena entrances, picks up paper and other garbage around buildings, applies abrasive or sand in arena entrances and emergency exits.
- Compiles a list of hygiene and cleaning products and items required and submits it to his supervisor.
- Reports any deficiencies to his/her supervisor.
- Uses electrical, mechanical and other motorized or non-motorized equipment necessary to perform hisjob.
- Sets up and returns chairs and tables for meetings.
Qualifications and education
- Hold a high school diploma;
- Possess a valid provincial driver’s license;
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification is an asset;
- Have 1 year of work experience to familiarize yourself with the nature of the job;
- Bilingual both verbal and in written (French and English);
- Have a good knowledge of products for the maintenance and cleaning of sports and leisure facilities;
- Have a good knowledge of operating household appliances such as sweepers, polishers, scrubbers and other similar equipment;
Salary and benefits: According to the collective agreement, from $27,99/hour.
Sunday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm Thursday 10am to 5pm or
Tuesday 10am to 5pm Wednesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
To apply: Please send a copy of your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.