The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Manager of Elections for the 2021 Côte Saint-Luc Municipal Elections.
Role: The Manger of Elections for the 2021 Côte Saint-Luc Municipal Elections will be reporting to the Assistant Director of Legal Services and Assistant City Clerk/Returning Officer. He or She will be undertaking various task related to the municipal election of Côte Saint-Luc.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Project Management for the 2021 Municipal Elections including creation, updating and oversight of an election calendar;
- Financial accountability and budget/expense management and oversight;
- Contingency planning and risk management while taking into account the sanitary measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Preparation of Candidate nominations (declarations), information sessions and follow up paper work;
- Rental of facilities for polling stations and preparation of polling stations including hiring personnel (advanced, mobile, board of revisions);
- Electoral lists and revisions – planning and implementing strategy for mailings;
- Preparation and execution of Voter information cards;
- Preparation and execution of non-domiciled resident list for elector list;
- Preparation of Public Notices;
- Collaborating with the City’s supplier for the drafting of electoral lists;
- Recruitment, training and oversight of Election personnel and replacement personnel for all polling stations (board of revisions, advanced, mobile);
- Liaising with MAMH, Élections Québec, Supplier of Election Desk Services, and other election-related parties as appropriate;
- Use of and training on Élections Québec software, website, election documents and forms, and training tools (including election forms and electoral calendar);
- Data entry on DGEQ website, etc.;
- Development and roll-out of bilingual communications strategy (social media, City website or dedicated elections site, paper versions, telephone scripts, press releases, etc.);
- Purchasing of Equipment, supplies and materials for Election purposes while taking into account the sanitary measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Oversight and Validation of results (counting of ballots if needed);
- Reports and reporting functions;
- All other related tasks associated with the 2021 Municipal Elections;
Qualifications and education:
- A university degree will be considered an asset
- Experience in volunteer management and knowledge of the municipal environment will be considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the field of municipal elections
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful situations
- Bilingual English/French, spoken and written
Salary and benefits: $40,000.00
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.