The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Network Administrator for the Information Technology Department.
The Information Technology (IT) department is responsible for providing, maintaining, and supporting the City’s software, computers, network, telecommunications and various technology services for staff, volunteers and partners. The various technology services include, but are not limited to, security cameras, electronic access control systems, television services, digital signage, audio-visual equipment and GPS systems. The I.T. department ensures that these services are implemented in accordance with security policies, procedures and best practices.
The department oversees IT and technology projects, as well as collaborates with other departments undertaking projects with a specific technology aspect.
The Network Administrator must have a good level of knowledge of the City’s technology infrastructure and under the supervision of the Manager of Information Technology, will actively participate in the delivery, maintenance and support of services that are provided by the I.T. Department. The Network Administrator will also participate in the analysis of new and existing systems by proposing technology ideas and solutions. Upon recommendation of his supervisor, the Network Administrator will participate in the implementation and execution of various IT projects.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Provide first, second and third level support for I.T. services to City staff and partners and, when necessary, coordinate with third parties for externally supported services or when more qualified external resources are required.
- Installs and configures computers, servers, network equipment and other technology equipment as required in accordance with City policies and procedures and guidelines established by the I.T. Manager.
- Create and maintain user accounts, manage security group profiles, and apply appropriate permissions and access control to various IT services and systems.
- Assist users in working with computer hardware, software, email, and the internet. When necessary, communicates appropriate procedures or information regarding various technology tools to users in writing or verbally.
- Performs ongoing system maintenance tasks to ensure proper and efficient operation of computer systems and services, to check for malfunctions, and to propose solutions to make systems more efficient and reliable.
- Regularly monitor servers and network equipment to detect existing or potential problems and performance issues and determine and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Regularly monitor the City’s data backup systems.
- Document work and configuration changes performed and maintain the service request, user and inventory/asset database on a regular basis.
- Contribute to various IT projects and assist in the execution/implementation of such projects in conjunction with the Manager.
- Be familiar with the technologies adopted by the IT department and become familiar with new technologies implemented.
- Follow, if necessary, the methods and procedures put in place and manage efficiently his time when performing his tasks, while considering prioritization and the use of automation tools, batch files and scripts.
- Performs all other tasks related to his job.
Qualifications and education:
- College diploma with specialization in an appropriate field or sector
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot Windows client and server operating systems and software, as well as computers, peripherals, servers and network equipment.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and firewall configurations and policies.
- Write and use scripts to automate processes
- Adapt easily to new and emerging technologies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative
- Work well under pressure and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in French and English.
Salary and benefits: According to the collective agreement, from $52,754.92 per year.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.