The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire an office agent in the Finances Department.
The work consists of undertaking, in one or several fields such as the budget, personnel, counter services, files and other activities of administrative and operational support, various duties related to general office work. The work is carried out under general supervision, following the instructions and directions that are comprehensive and that follow the methods, techniques and procedures usually well established or known to the incumbent; the work is controlled irregularly and unusual or complex problems are submitted to the superior.
- Maintain registers, indexes, files, organizational charts, etc., draw up tables, lists, etc.; ensure the follow up of expiration date of invoices, statements, reports and other documents and exercising, by these means, administrative and operational controls.
- Open, prepare and maintain up-to-date files, coordinate the progress and ensure that files treated contain the backup and necessary information.
- Code and index, with the pre-established backup systems, documents and other data; establish, when required, references which permit the tracing of information.
- Obtain any documentation relative to the activities; control the movement of this documentation.
- Perform tasks of collection and transcription of data on different subjects that require adjustment, updating, grouping, selection and sorting, presentation, etc.
- Complete, verify or certify various forms, waybills, invoices, requisitions, timesheets, files, equipment tickets, accident reports, exam notebooks, traffic tickets, advice slip, assiduity summaries; maintain property inventory, etc. and ensure their conformity with the rules or instructions.
- Prepare, with established data, claims, adjustment statements, notices, etc.
- Emit certain licenses, work cards, receipts, etc. and give out certificates and other similar documents after ensuring their conformity with the necessary requirements.
- Communicate by phone or over the counter with the public, municipal services and certain organizations, regarding information related to their activities; assist taxpayers and other applicants in their application/intervention, transmit notices, record requests, give information on the administrative process, local by-laws and procedures to follow.
- Perform and/or verify, with the aid of established and precise data, the calculations of billings, estimations and work progressions, manpower and material fees, interest, balance with different accounts and invoices.
- Compose and verify correspondence and reports pertinent to the activities.
- Produce and conduct the research of exact information from different sources in order to deliver the necessary information or to complete files.
- Condense and summarize documentation, extract data and make conclusions regarding the distribution, future use, of corrections and annotations needed.
- Receive and collect, when required, certain sums of money for the issuance of permits or certificates, sale of various documents, etc.; maintain the petty cash.
- Correct the objective parts of the qualification exams, with the correction keys and other appropriate instructions; supervise tests, provide the candidates with the appropriate information.
- Carry out various duties related to the inventory control of equipment and office furniture; consider the needs of users, prepare the requisition forms for supplies and, when necessary, distribute them.
- Realize any activities under his responsibility by operating, if required, certain office equipment such as typewriter, teleprinter, terminal, computer, telephone, radio, calculator, etc.
- Guide and familiarize a few employees assigned to related tasks and verify the work quality.
- Use various office automation equipment, as may be required, to perform certain tasks related to the job, using appropriate programming.
- Undertake any other related duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: High School Diploma, Professional studies diploma, pertinent program and sector.
Experience: Possess one (1) year of experience in a job permitting the incumbent to become familiar with this line of work.
- Bilingual, written and spoke, English and French
- Excel, Word, Office, etc.
- Good knowledge of arithmetic, methods, filing and the keeping of registers
Abilities or aptitudes :
- to prepare written documents;
- to write reports and general correspondence;
- good judgment, tactfulness, and courtesy;
- to operate office equipment;
- to guide and direct work of employees.
Salary and benefits: According to the collective agreement: $43,210.28.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec.
However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.