The City of Côte Saint-Luc (‘‘City’’) is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost.
The City is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to join its management team as Supervisor (‘Manager’). Under the direction of the Section Manager – Athletics Arena Programs, the supervisor will oversee the operation of sports programs, facilities, as well as other related duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Oversee the operation of spring, summer and fall sports programs
- Be present at the programs
- Ensure that the different setups are in order
- Oversee the work conducted by the blue collar employees during evening and weekend hours
- Ensure that setups are completed for games
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park
- Be present at the park for programs, park rentals and special events
- Ensure that setups are completed for programs
- Open and close the facilities for programs
- Assist the pedal boat attendant to take out and put back the pedal boats
- Oversee the white collar employees and the pedal boat activity
- Collect weeknight and weekend pedal boat cash
The Supervisor may be assigned, if necessary, other related duties within his field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Respecting timelines;
- Respects delays and follows up regularly;
- Ability to demonstrate independent judgment;
- Excellent problem‐solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multitask and handle stressful situations;
- Ability to communicate and write in both English and French;
- Proficient in office related software
- Must complete a CPR certification course
This position would run from mid-April until the end of October. Depending on the season, the position would entail between 20 and 40 hours per week, primarily on evenings and weekends. The exact schedule is to be determined.
*** A valid driver’s license is necessary to be considered for this position
Those possessing the required qualifications and interested in applying must forward a copy of their curriculum vitae accompanied by a covering letter to the following e-mail address:
City Côte Saint-Luc – Human Resources Department
5801 Boul. Cavendish
Côte Saint-Luc (QC) H4W 3C3 – Fax: 514 485 8926
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.