The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a part-time dispatcher for the Emergency Medical Services.
The work consists of receiving, recording and transmitting, by telephone, by radiotransmitter or by teleprinter, complaints and requests emanating from the central exchange of the City, the public and from municipal employees regarding the activities of a certain department, division or department sector.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Receive and transmit by telephone, radiotelephone or teleprinter instructions, information on works in progress or any other subject.
- Retransmit the calls received to whomever it may concern, and according to priority, by radiotelephone, telephone or teleprinter.
- Record the nature of all calls, the time of receipt, and other pertinent information, on a card and do follow-up; take the necessary steps to ensure that the calls are recorded automatically.
- Monitor alarm consoles (fire, theft, pumps, power, etc. for the municipal buildings) and advise those concerned of the triggering of the alarm.
- Ensure the retransmission, to interested agencies, of any complaints about them.
- Receive telephone calls from the public regarding the condition of the streets, water pipeline breaks, power failures or street light breakdowns, or any other defect or complaint relating to municipal services or other public service.
- Receive and retransmit to whomever it may concern the telephone calls of certain employees reporting their absence from work.
- Compile data and prepare statistics regarding his activities.
- Use, if needed, various office work equipment to accomplish certain tasks related to the job, while using the appropriate programs.
- Undertake any other related tasks.
Qualifications and education:
- Education: High School Diploma and Certificate of Radiotelephone Operator, limited land service, from the “Ministère fédérale des communications”
- Experience: One (1) year similar work experience, allowing employee to become familiar with this line of work.
- Other Bilingual: written and spoken
Salary and benefits: Hourly rate of 26.24$ according to the collective agreement.
Schedule: Flexible schedule.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.