The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Part-time Public Safety Agent for the Public Safety Department.
As a security agent, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of public safety.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Enforce municipal by-laws pertaining to parking, public nuisance, garbage and animal control.
- Inform and/or issue tickets to violators of by-laws.
- Move or have vehicle moved when it is contravening a by-law or obstructing traffic circulation (snow removal).
- Patrol and do inspection of municipal buildings and parks.
- Patrol, by vehicle, the public streets and off-streets to identify infractions to municipal by-laws and take appropriate measures when necessary.
- Do traffic control, when required.
- Respond to residents’ concerns, complaints and requests.
- Gather relevant proof and build files that are likely to involve legal proceedings.
- Deliver and pick-up mail and run errands when requested by superiors.
- Follow instructions relating to the verification of vacant homes, parking permits and alarms.
- Enforce procedures and instructions proposed by superiors.
- Do follow-up of complaints, requests and other security problems.
- Prepare a written daily report and others (reports) at superior’s request.
- Be a witness at court of justice, as may be required.
- Undertake any other related duties.
Qualifications and education:
- High School Diploma – Grade V.
- Security background.
- Driver’s license, class 4A.
- No criminal record.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Available for shift work, including weekends.
- Well spoken, diplomatic.
- N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test.
Salary and benefits: $25.29 per hour according to the collective agreement.
Schedule: Variable hours.
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.