The city of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The city prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a permanent Public safety agent
As a security agent, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of public safety.
DETAILS OF POSITION:
- Enforce municipal by-laws pertaining to parking, public nuisance, garbage and animal control.
- Inform and/or issue tickets to violators of by-laws.
- Move or have vehicle moved when it is contravening a by-law or obstructing traffic circulation (snow removal).
- Patrol and do inspection of municipal buildings and parks.
- Patrol, by vehicle, the public streets and off-streets to identify infractions to municipal by-laws and take appropriate measures when necessary.
- Do traffic control, when required.
- Respond to residents’ concerns, complaints and requests.
- Gather relevant proof and build files that are likely to involve legal proceedings.
- Deliver and pick up mail and run errands when requested by superiors.
- Follow instructions relating to the verification of vacant homes, parking permits, alarms.
- Enforce procedures and instructions proposed by superiors.
- Do follow-up of complaints, requests and other security problems.
- Prepare a written daily report and others (reports) at superior’s request.
- Be a witness at court of justice, as may be required.
- Undertake any other related duties.
- Education: High School Diploma – Grade V.
- Experience: Security background.
- Other: Bilingualism.
- Driver’s licence, class 4A.
- No criminal record.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Available for shift work, including weekends.
- Well spoken, diplomatic.
- N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 4:00 pm until 00:00 am
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter by January 31, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an Equal Employment Program and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities are invited to tell us about their specific needs in order to plan accommodations for the selection process. In addition, the City recognizes the diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative evaluation of studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.