The City of Côte Saint-Luc (‘‘City’’) is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33,000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost.
Public skating monitors will perform general supervision of the public during designated skating hours.
- Ensure the safety of recreational ice users
- Patrol the ice surface during public skating sessions to ensure that all aspects of safety and supervision are maintained.
- Communicate with users when they are in violation of the public skating rules and if need be, remove any individuals from the ice surface who repeatedly disobey the rules.
- Ensure that proper documentation is completed for any accidents or incidents
- Customer Service
- Communicate to public questions regarding skating schedules, rules and regulations
- Respond to and address other customer inquiries
- Administer first aid care if required
- Excellent problem‐solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Must be able to communicate to the public in both English and French
- Must be a proficient skater and supply their own skates and helmet
- Must complete a criminal background check verification
- Must complete a CPR course
In accordance with the collective agreement
Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: email@example.com
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile. In addition, the City recognizes diplomas and relevant experience obtained outside Quebec. However, it is the candidate’s responsibility to provide, when required, the comparative assessment of studies issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.