The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 33 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Reception, admission department and shop attendant (Class 4) – On Call.
The work consists of welcoming visitors, selling or collecting admission or entry tickets and ensuring the proper operation of a sales shop of various articles. In addition, the incumbent must receive and follow up on requests for reservations of groups of visitors and sell various products or services. He must also act as host when there are organized vents.
DETAILS OF POSITION
- Welcome, inform and direct visitors.
- Sell or collect tickets at facilities entrance; ensure that order is maintained in the room at time of presentations.
- Receive requests for group reservations, solicit target groups, propose to customers the various types of visits, and if necessary, ensure their follow-up and coordination.
- Sell articles and tickets, collect revenues, punch in cash register sales amounts, collect payment for transactions, make deposits and slips of daily receipts; process refund applications; prepare orders by mail.
- Keep registers of sales that come from the commercial activities held in the facilities; compile, process, analyze and keep up to date the data pertaining to the groups of visitors.
- Prepare inventory documents relating to sales made and record data.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and have them approved by supervisor; make requisition tickets for amusement tax; calculate amusement tax and transmit results to appropriate department.
- Contact and meet various suppliers; order supplies after discussing them with supervisor.
- Follow up on orders with suppliers and ensure that orders are delivered within the prescribed delays. Receive, place and verify supplies received.
- Participate in the preparation of various events, act as host and give general information about them.
- Prepare and write various administrative reports related to his work; inquire about clients’ satisfaction and suggest methods for improving the efficiency as well as the quality of products or services.
- Use various office automation equipment, as may be required, to perform certain tasks related to the job, using appropriate programming.
- Undertake any other related duties.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 1 year of related work experience ensuring that the incumbent is familiar with job domain.
- Other: Fluently bilingual: written and spoken
N.B. You may be required to submit to a written competency test.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter to:
City of Côte Saint-Luc (Human Resources Department)
5801 Cavendish blv., Côte Saint-Luc, Québec H4W 3C3
The City of Côte Saint-Luc is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interests, however, only those candidates selected