Workplace: 5801 Cavendish Blvd., City of Côte Saint-Luc. Parking is free.
Salary: $25.85/hour, according to the white collar collective agreement.
By becoming an employee of the City of Côte Saint-Luc, you will be employed in a city with a dynamic team that offers its white collar employees many benefits.
You will also have free access to the Aquatic and Community Centre with:
- a training room
- an indoor and outdoor pool
- a game room
- a tennis court
- a skating rink and access to pedal boats at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park
In addition, you will have access to the library which has a wide variety of books, and you can rent them for free.
Profile required for this position
- High School Diploma – Grade V.
- Security background.
- Driver’s license, class 4A.
- No criminal record.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Available for shift work, including weekends.
- Well spoken, diplomatic.
Your role at the City
As a security agent, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of public safety.
Examples of completed tasks
- Enforce municipal by-laws pertaining to parking, public nuisance, garbage and animal control.
- Inform and/or issue tickets to violators of by-laws.
- Move or have vehicle moved when it is contravening a by-law or obstructing traffic circulation (snow removal).
- Patrol and do inspection of municipal buildings and parks.
- Patrol, by vehicle, the public streets and off-streets to identify infractions to municipal by-laws and take appropriate measures when necessary.
- Do traffic control, when required.
- Respond to residents’ concerns, complaints and requests.
- Gather relevant proof and build files that are likely to involve legal proceedings.
- Deliver and pick-up mail and run errands when requested by superiors.
- Follow instructions relating to the verification of vacant homes, parking permits and alarms.
- Enforce procedures and instructions proposed by superiors.
- Do follow-up of complaints, requests and other security problems.
- Prepare a written daily report and others (reports) at superior’s request.
- Be a witness at court of justice, as may be required.
- Undertake any other related duties.
- Send us a copy of your resume at: [email protected]
For more information
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, members of First Nations, and people with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.