Workplace: 5801 boul. Cavendish, City of Côte Saint-Luc. Parking is free.
Schedule: 35 hours/week for 8 weeks starting June 1st, 2022. Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
By becoming an employee of the City of Côte Saint-Luc, you will be employed in a city with a dynamic team that offers its employees many benefits.
You will have free access to the Aquatic and Community Centre which has:
- a training room,
- an indoor and outdoor pool,
- a game room,
- a tennis court,
- a skating rink and access to pedal boats at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park.
In addition, you will have access to the library which has a wide variety of books, and you can rent them for free.
Profile required for this position
- Be a full-time student in law
- Excellent sense of time‐management
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and independent judgment
- Excellent problem‐solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge in office related software
- Have a good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
Your role at the City
As a city employee, you will make a real difference in providing excellent service to the citizens of Côte Saint-Luc. Under the direction of the Director of Legal Service and City Clerk, the student will provide legal support to lawyers.
- Attend Depositions and any other Court Proceedings
- Follow up on Collections against Insurance Companies
- Assist in the drafting of Proceedings and gathering of evidence for City Litigations/ Claims / Collections
- Attend all Regular (monthly) Council Meetings and assist with their preparation, when necessary
- Draft analyses regarding the quality of evidence received and follow up, to gather further evidence, when necessary
- If possible, conduct legal research and analysis
- Assist with the drafting and implementation policies related to City by-laws
- Perform any other related task
- Send us a copy of your resume at: [email protected]
For more information
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meets the overall profile.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, members of First Nations, and people with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.