The City of Côte Saint-Luc is a dynamic municipality on the island of Montreal with a population of approximately 35 000. The City prides itself on providing the highest level of services to its residents at a reasonable cost. We are currently looking to hire a Web Communication Officer for the Communication Department. The position is temporary for an indefinite period.
Role: The work mainly involves maintaining the City website and assisting the Communications Department in pursuing its objectives, namely updating the City social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and other communication platforms.
Examples of completed tasks:
- Act as an intermediary in the management of the website, social media, and intranet for the various city departments.
- Maintain the city website and ensure the updating and monitoring of social media.
- Maintain micro-sites for specific projects for internal and external clientele.
- Review, handle and ensure the follow-up of any customer requests, complaints, comments or suggestions.
- Verify and approve the proofs for mandatory announcements and promotional ads prepared by written and electronic media.
- Collect and organize various data, prepare statistics and produce reports relating to his/her work.
- Draft, translate and/or revise various official documents intended for the citizens or the employees of the City.
- Acts as information liaison officer with representatives from external and internal organizations (receiving, reviewing and respond to requests).
- Carry out research specific to his/her area of activity in order to establish contact with resources that are likely to disseminate or use the product.
- Recommend, on request or on his/her own initiative, make any recommendation to improve the efficiency or quality of the products offered or the services provided.
- Perform any other related tasks.
Qualifications and education:
- Specialized College Diploma in the appropriate sector and profile, such as communications or web design.
- Have one (1) year or less of experience in a job allowing the incumbent to familiarize himself/herself with the job requirements.
- Principles of marketing, promotion and advertising
- Municipal administrative mechanisms
- Management of websites and social media
- English and French, both written and spoken
- Common software, Office Suite
- Specific computer software: WordPress / Drupal / HTML
Skills or Abilities:
- to coordinate activities and events
- for team work
- to adapt quickly to changing situations
- to communicate verbally and in writing
- to be tactful and courteous
- to write clear and concise reports
- to exercise judgment and initiative
- Research and analytical skills
Salary and benefits: $49 523,59$/year
Schedule: 35 hours/week
To apply: Please forward a copy of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]
The masculine form is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and no discrimination is intended.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, priority will be given to candidates that best meet the overall profile.
Given the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing at the moment, measures have been put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In particular, where applicable, the interviews will be by videoconference or by telephone.
Equal Access to Employment
The City of Côte Saint-Luc operates an equal access employment program, and, in this regard, we are committed to supporting inclusive diversity practices. We invite women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
People with disabilities are invited to tell us their specific needs in order to provide accommodation for the selection process. Please be assured that this information will remain strictly confidential.