The Quebec Ministry of Education has authorized the Centre de services scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys to enlarge École de la Mosaïque—located at 5621 McMurray Ave.—and increase student capacity. This is necessary to accommodate the flourishing population in the City of Côte Saint-Luc and to better serve the community.
An information session led by the Centre de services scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys was held on on Monday, November 15 at 7pm. The following presentation was shown. [PDF]
The design of the building extension and landscape architecture was submitted to the City. The initial designs have been refined and improved to enhance the streetscape, address traffic and circulation issues, and to ensure for minimal impact on the neighbouring homes.
Here are the key features planned of the project:
- A new school bus driveway on school property. That means school busses will no longer park on the street on McMurray Ave.
- Additional parking spaces for staff.
- Trees and landscape architecture, including buffer zones between parking spaces and adjacent homes.
- Landscaped buffer zone between the building extension and neighbouring homes on Eldridge.
- Colourful and attractive architecture and material choices.
- New interior courtyard for students.
According to the tentative schedule, the school bus driveway should be completed by August 2022. The building extension should be completed by August 2023.