OBJECT: PUBLIC CONSULTATION CONCERNING DRAFT BY-LAW NUMBERED 2593 AND ENTITLED: “CONSTRUCTION BY-LAW”
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that following the adoption by Resolution of the above-mentioned draft by-law at a Regular Council meeting held on Monday, January 17, 2022, the Côte Saint-Luc City Council will hold a 15-day Public Consultation from January 26, 2022, to February 10, 2022, regarding draft By-law 2593.
In conformity with Ministerial Order No. 2021-054, any procedure, other than a referendum, that is part of the decision-making process of a municipal body and that involves the movement or gathering of citizens can be replaced by a 15-day written consultation. Consequently, any person may submit his or her comments in writing regarding this draft by-law no later than February 10, 2022, as follows:
- By mail to the attention of the City Clerk’s Office located at 5801, Cavendish Boulevard, Côte Saint-Luc, H4W 3C3; or
- By email at the following address: [email protected].
People sending in comments by mail are encouraged to do so as soon as possible due to postal delays.
The object of draft By-law 2593 is to update the City of Côte Saint-Luc’s construction by-law and it notably includes the following amendments:
- An update to include a reference to the current National Building Code;
- The addition of a new provision (Section 3.2) regarding sustainable construction techniques;
- The addition of a new provision (Section 3.4) requiring carbon monoxide detectors and a three stream waste chutes in new multifamily constructions; and
- An update of the building permit application equirements (Section 5.1)
This draft by-law applies to each zone within the City of Côte Saint-Luc.
The draft by-law does not contain provisions making it subject to approval by way of a referendum.
The draft by-law is available for consultation in the “Public documents” section of the City website at www.cotesaintluc.org and copies of the draft by-law can be provided by sending a request to the following email address: [email protected] given the exceptional circumstances related to COVID-19 pandemic.
Given at the City of Côte Saint-Luc, on this 26th day of January 2022.
Me Jason Prévost
Assistant City Clerk
For further information, please contact Jeff Davey at 514-485-6800 or at [email protected].