Côte Saint-Luc Cats Committee
Who we are
Mike Cohen is the City Councillor Responsible for Animal Protection and Diane Liebling chairs this committee. We are a group of volunteers whose mission is to reduce the number of homeless/community cats.
What we do
We Trap, Neuter, Release and Maintain these cats- “TNRM”.
When we receive calls from the resident, we work with them to trap the cat and then bring it to the vet to be neutered, vaccinated and dewormed. After a period of recuperation, the cat is released back in the spot where he was captured or put up for adoption if he can be socialized. We do not take the cat away permanently- another cat will simply fill the void. Even if the resident who alerted us to this cat is not feeding him, it is likely he is receiving a food source nearby.
Our goal is to have no more homeless cats.
We operate in Côte Saint-Luc.
Because people do not sterilize their cats and the overpopulation of homeless cats is out of control.
What can you do?
- Spay and neuter your cat. This is vital to help reduce the number of feral cats.
- Call the hotline at 514-485-6800, ext. 2287 or find us on Facebook if you see a cat that does not have a collar and you believe is homeless.
- Purchase a licence for your outdoor cat if you are a Cote Saint-Luc resident. They are available at City Hall (5801 Cavendish Blvd.) for a nominal charge.
- Become a volunteer. We are always looking for people committed to the health and welfare of cats.
- Donate to the CSL Cat Committee so that the number of cats sterilized can be increased.
How to donate?
By cheque: Make out a cheque to the Côte Saint-Luc Cat Committee and send it to the Finance Department (5801 Cavendish Blvd., Côte Saint-Luc, QC, H4W 3C3).
By electronic transfer: Send the transfer to [email protected] and indicate “Cats committee” in the subject line.