Youth advisory group
The Côte Saint-Luc Youth Advisory Group (YAG) will provide a meaningful and constructive voice for the youth in the community, while giving City Management and City Council insight into the priorities that youth have about current and potential city services and initiatives.
12 to 21
Who is eligible
Residents and students in CSL are invited to apply here . CSL residents will be given priority.
In your application, you will be able to indicate your availability. Keeping in mind everyone’s availability meeting dates and times will be determined.
10-20 hours during a mandate, including mandatory meetings (monthly or bi-monthly). Community service hours will be awarded for all participation.
- Actively seek input from youth on city services and/or initiatives that would affect youth
- Provide a leadership experience and the opportunity to acquire a variety of skills
- Provide youth with a better understanding of municipal politics
- Help establish youth related priorities for the city
- Provide an opportunity for youth to earn community service hours
- Plan and/or volunteer at specific city events
Responsibilities of YAG Members
- Attends all meetings and participates fully
- Assists and participates in special events organized/supported by YAG
- Solicits information and suggestions from peers concerning youth issues
- Advises the chair and staff liaison of their anticipated absence prior to a scheduled meeting
- Contributes ideas and suggestions on city services and initiatives referred by Council or City departments
- Attends at least one Council Meeting
- Attend public consultations on initiatives that may affect them
For more information, please contact Bronwen Cathey ([email protected])