Activities on Zoom and Facebook
From the reading corner to the jewellery club to virtual game time, the library is now offering remote activities on Zoom and Facebook.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing software that allows people to have face to face meetings with many people online. It is free and easy to access.
How do I join an activity on zoom?
- View the activities and events calendar, click on the activity of your choice and visit the link under Venue.
- Your computer or phone will ask you to download the Zoom App. Download the app.
- If you want, you can create a free account but you don’t have to.
- A screen will appear. When the activity is about to start, if you have your meeting ID #, click ‘Join Meeting’. If not, visit your zoom link again.
- Allow Zoom to access your computer or your phone’s camera and audio. You can also click ‘Join with Video’. If you are shy or taking class in your pyjamas, click ‘Join without Video’. Success! You are in your class zoom session!