Water filter rebate ($50)
The City of Côte Saint-Luc provides a $50 rebate towards the purchase of water filters to single-family home and duplex built prior to 1976—with the exception of homes where water test results suggest a water service line made of copper and/or a pneumatic excavation that reveals a water service line made of copper. Please fill out the form below to apply for the rebate, which can only be applied to purchases from October 1, 2019, onward.
The filter must be certified NSF/ANSI 53 or NSF/ANSI 58 and its reduction claim must include lead.
The NSF-053 filter can be any of the following:
- Pour-through pitcher/carafe: Water drips through a filter in a water pitcher using gravity.
- Faucet mount: Mounts on kitchen faucet. Uses diverter to direct water through a filter.
- Counter-top connected to sink faucet: Connects to existing sink faucet through a hose/tubing.
- Refrigerator filter: Installed in your refrigerator and typically dispensed through the refrigerator door.
- Plumbed-in to separate tap or to kitchen sink: Installs under a sink; filtered water is usually dispensed through a separate faucet directly to the kitchen sink.
The NSF-058 filter involves a Reverse Osmosis (RO) system that connects to your plumbing under the sink and uses a membrane filter to reduce lead (also can reduce minerals/Total Dissolved Solids).