Parkhaven outdoor pool
The Parkhaven Outdoor Pool is a 50-metre pool with a large shallow end next to a wading pool. There is also a large grassy area that provides plenty of space for sunbathing and recreational activities. There is also a small snack bar and a space dedicated to eating. It is located at 7500 Mackle Rd. behind the Aquatic and Community Centre.
Schedule for 2019
Regular Season Schedule:
July 5 to August 18
August 19 to September 8
Entrance is free with a CSL Fun Card or Parkhaven pool membership. Otherwise, the following daily admission fee applies:
- Ages 0-4: $1
- Ages 5-17: $5
- Age 18+: $6
Parkhaven outdoor pool membership
Côte Saint-Luc offers a summertime pool membership for people who only want access to the outdoor municipal swimming pool in the summer.
- Couple (any two persons living in the same residence)
- Family (any three or more persons living in the same residence)
- Senior (age 60 or older)
Note: the prices include taxes
Swimming pool rules
The following are not permitted within the pool or pool area:
- Smoking, glass containers and alcoholic beverages.
- Pushing, shoving and/or rough play.
- Water wing flotations.
- Diving in the shallow end.
- Verbal or physical aggression of any kind towards fellow patrons or staff.
- Hanging on the lane ropes.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied by a guardian to enter the facility. A guardian must be at least 15 years old. Guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Children 8 years old and younger must be within arm’s reach of their guardian at all times.
- Children 7 or 8 years old may be exempt from the rule #2 if they can pass the swim proficiency test administered by a lifeguard.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Showers are recommended before entering the pool.
- Please walk around the pool and pool area.
- Only certified personal flotation devices may be used if approved by a lifeguard.
- Water guns, balls or toys are not permitted unless approved by a lifeguard.
- Eating is permitted in designated areas and at the picnic tables.
- Chairs and baby strollers must be kept at a minimum of 4 feet (1.2 metres) from the pool’s edge.
- Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. Swimmers must swim continuously.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied up.
- Private swim lessons may only be conducted by personnel approved by the City.
- Specialized equipment and training must be approved by a lifeguard.
- The City is not responsible for injuries, damages or the loss of articles caused by or arising from participation in any program or facility sponsored by the City.
- Failure to respect the pool rules, the staff and City policies may result in being removed from the Facility. If necessary, may result in being refused readmission to the Facility.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time; one bounce only. Once in the water, swim
directly to the ladder.
- When the diving board and slide are not in use, swimming in the deep end may be permitted only at the authorization of the lifeguard on duty.
- Patrons must remain seated and facing forward.
- Patrons must wait at the bottom of the stairs until the patron ahead of them exits the pool.
- After your turn, please swim directly to the ladder.
The pool can be rented for private functions. The rental fee of $125 (plus taxes) includes three lifeguards for a two-hour duration. If additional lifeguards are needed due to the number of swimmers, the lessee will be responsible for the costs, at a rate of $20 (plus taxes) per lifeguard per hour.
From Highway 40 east:
Take the Decarie Blvd. exit. Proceed southbound and exit at Jean Talon. Continue going straight until Van Horne. Turn right on Van Horne. Van Horne becomes Fleet, which becomes Cavendish. Head northbound on Cavendish. After passing the Cavendish Mall, turn left on Mackle.
From Highway 20 east:
Take exit 64 – Rue St. Jacques/Boul. Angrignon. Merge onto Route 138 east. Turn left on Cavendish Blvd. Continue on Cavendish Blvd. until you reach Mackle. Turn left on Mackle.
- Fyon Park (access by Wildwood, Sunrise or Edgemore avenues – map)
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Park (near the corner of Stephen Leacock and Ashkelon – map)
- Henry Marcovitz Playground / McDowell Park (access by Borden or Randall avenues – map)
- Rembrandt Park (Rembrandt avenue – map)
- Richard Schwartz Park (on Côte Saint Luc road, between Westluke and Smart avenues – map)
Pedal boats are available at Pierre Elliott Trudeau park (Mackle / Stephen Leacock)
Free with Fun Card or $5 per person for 20 minutes
|May 18 to June 16||Weekends only from 1 pm to 5 pm|
|June 22 to Aug. 18||Weekdays from 4 pm to 8 pm|
Saturdays from 1 pm to 8 pm
Sundays from 11 am to 8 pm
|Aug. 24 to Sept. 2||Weekends only from 1 pm to 5 pm|
* June 24, July 1: 11 am to 8 pm
* Sept. 2: 1 pm to 5 pm
Côte Saint-Luc City Hall
5801 Cavendish Blvd., Côte Saint-Luc, Québec, Canada H4W 3C3
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 514-485-6800 | Fax: 514-485-6863