Rules for accessing our recreation facilities
Starting September 1, 2021, anyone aged 13 or older will be required to present proof of vaccination, as well as a piece of photo ID, in order to enter recreational buildings and the library, or to participate in an in-person program.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, patrons visiting our installations must adhere to the following:
- Face coverings for individuals 10 years and over must be worn at all times. For more information, see Wearing a mask or a face covering in public settings in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Respect 2m (6ft) physical distancing.
- Answer the required health questionnaire prior to entry (see below).
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entry.
- Exit the facility within 15 minutes following your session. No loitering in the facility.
- Wait for the previous group to exit building before we can allow you enter.
The following is not available to the public:
- Use of facility equipment (ie: lifejackets, skating walkers)
- Rental equipment (pro-shop at Arena is closed)
- Water fountains
NOTE: Rules are subject to change frequently according to latest government guidelines and recommendations. Facility staff will inform of any change upon your arrival.
If you answer YES to any of these questions do not come to our facilities.
- Have you and / or a family member residing in the same household returned from a trip outside the country, less than two (2) weeks ago or plan on traveling in the next two (2) weeks?
- Do you and / or a family member residing in the same household have any of the following symptoms: runny nose, cough, fever equal or superior to 38°C (100.4°F), loss of taste or smell, difficulty breathing, unusual intense fatigue, unusual muscle pain or soreness, unusual headache, loss of appetite, sore throat without any other obvious cause
- Have you, in the last 12 hours, experienced nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramps without obvious cause?
- Have you and / or a family member residing in the same household been subject to screening, tested positive or been in contact with someone who is confirmed or a probable case of infection for Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The following rules apply during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACC building access
Starting on Sept. 20, 2021
- Entrance: Patrons must enter the building by the main entrance located at 5794 Parkhaven. Patrons must arrive dressed to swim.
- Exit: The exit is indicated with signs and arrows.
|Monday to Sunday||6 am to 10 pm|
- Must be a CSL Resident
- Online reservations for both pools: http://mon.accescite.net/66058/en-ca
- Phone reservations: 514-485-6806 ext: 2200 (Note that when experiencing high volume of calls you will be forwarded to voicemail. Please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible)
- Registration opens daily at 12 pm and you can register up to three days in advance.
- Limit of 1 session per day, per patron.
- Limit of 3 sessions per week, per patron (week: Sunday-Saturday)
- Cancellations should be made no less than one (1) hour before the reserved session. If patron is a no-show two (2) consecutive bookings the patron will not be permitted to register for any swim time for one (1) week. Cancellations can be made by phone or email ([email protected]).
- In the event a patron does not show-up for his/her reservation within 10 minutes of the start time, they forfeit their swim time, and a walk-up patron may take their place.
- For online reservation: there will be no refunds
- For phone reservation: patron will be charged for his reservation
- Time slots are transferrable ONLY within the members of a same household.
- Patrons who wish to make a reservation for their next swim session in person must do so before accessing the pool. They will not be permitted to go to the front desk after their swim session.
- All patrons must pay the admission fee or be a FunCard holder to access the facility.
- Ages 0 to 4: $2
- Ages 5 to 17: $3
- Ages 18 and older: $4
- Ages 60 and older: $3
- Free with Fun Card.
- In person walk-ups are possible but not encouraged.
Pool and Locker Room Rules
- Locker rooms are available for changing after your swim.
- Swimmers 8 years old and younger must be accompanied in the water by a guardian of at least 15 years of age, and can swim in the comp pool if they are sharing the lane with a parent, if space permits.
- Swimmers 9 – 15 years of age are allowed to swim on their own once a parent has provided them access to the building.
- Masks can only be removed prior to entering the water and must be worn immediately upon exiting the water.
- Masks must be kept on at all times when adults are standing in the Splash Pad, or any deck area.
- Patrons are not permitted to switch pools. They must remain in their designated pool for the duration of their session.
- No crowding around ramp or ladders when entering or exiting the pools. Patrons must respect the 2m distance. .
- Family Locker room is for families and those requiring the assistance of a caregiver.
Pool Capacity and physical distancing guidelines
Competition Pool (up to 4 per lane)
- Up to 4 per lane. A parent may reserve a lane to swim laps with their child of 8 years and under, as long as they can pass the swim test. Children 9 years and over should have their own lane, as long as they can pass the swim test.
Recreation Pool (max capacity 20 people)
- Patrons must respect the 2m distancing guidelines while in the pool and on pool deck.
Other General Pool Rules
The following are not permitted within the pool or pool area:
- Smoking, glass containers and alcoholic beverages.
- Pushing, shoving and /or rough play.
- Shoes and strollers.
- Water wing flotations.
- Diving in the shallow end.
- Verbal or physical aggression of any kind towards fellow patrons or staff.
- Hanging on the lane ropes.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied by a guardian to enter the facility. A guardian must be at least 15 years old. Guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Children 8 years old and younger must be within arm’s reach of their guardian at all times.
- Children 7 or 8 years old may be exempt from rule #2 if they can pass the swim proficiency test administered by a lifeguard.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Please walk around the pool and pool area.
- Only certified personal flotation devices may be used if approved by a lifeguard.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied up.
- Private swim lessons may only be conducted by personnel approved by the City.
- Specialized equipment and training must be approved by a lifeguard.
- The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Failure to respect the pool rules, the staff and City policies may result in being removed from the Facility. If necessary, may result in being refused re-admission to the Facility.
Recreation pool and beach area:
- City equipment is not provided and patrons may not bring their own toys, etc; lap swimmers may bring their own training equipment.
- Children must be 4 years old or older to use the slide.
- Children in lifejackets are not permitted to use the slide.
- Always check that the landing area is clear before sliding.
- Always follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- For safety reasons, the slide may be closed during busy periods.
- Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. Swimmers must swim continuously.
- For your safety and out of respect for your fellow swimmers please follow our Lap Swimming Etiquette.
Open as of Friday, July 2, 2021
|Monday, Tuesday||6:30 am to 9:30 pm|
|Wednesday to Sunday||6:30 am to 8:30 pm|
- A valid Fun Card must be shown to ensure access.
- Masks must be worn, except while on a cardio machine.
- Max capacity: 7
- First come, first serve basis
- Residents must sign in & out at the ACC front desk
- Residents must wipe down and disinfect their equipment after each use.
- Fitness Room closes 30 minutes before the building closes (the times above follows this)
- 2 treadmills
- 1 dip station
- 1 bike
- 2 ellipticals
- a free weight and bench area
- Entrance: 6985 Mackle
- Exit: Parking lot doors (next to pro shop)
Open Skate and Public Figure Skating will return for Fall 2021.