Where to get help
Daily care calls
Receive daily calls from volunteers to check up on you.
- City of Côte Saint-Luc: Register at 514-485-6800 x2021 or [email protected]
- MADA: Register at madacenter.com/project/call-care-program
- FederationCJA: Register at 514-734-1411 or [email protected].
Help with groceries delivery
- Seniors without family support: Call 514-532-1277
- The Depot (formerly known as the NDG Food Depot): Offering one extra-large emergency food basket per family between now and May 1. By appointment only. Leave a message at 514-483-4680 or [email protected]. Côte Saint-Luc will help deliver food baskets to those who cannot get to The Depot. Location: 6505 Somerled Ave. Info: www.depotmtl.org.
- MADA Community Centre: Once a month, patrons choose from a list of available products (eg, fresh produce and non-perishable foods, detergents, personal grooming products, and baby items, including diapers). Location: 6875 Decarie Blvd. Contact: 514-342-4969 or [email protected].
- Federation CJA: Centralized logistics and coordination of food, pharmaceutical and critical goods deliveries for various organisations (OMETZ, MADA, Auberge Shalom, B’nai Brith House, Caldwell Residences, etc.) Contact 514-734-1411 or [email protected].
Resources for new Canadians, immigrants and refugees
- SIARI – Service D’Interprète D’aide et de Référence aux Immigrants
Multilingual organisation, will aid and service all new immigrants and or refugees in reference to basic needs and services. Operates in 14 languages. Location: 6767 Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, bureau 499. Contact: 514-738-4763 or [email protected]. More info: www.siari.org/nos-services/adultes/
Working with the Dépôt de Notre-Dame-de-Grâce on food services. Deliveries available for frozen meals and food baskets. To register contact 514-733-0554 or [email protected]. More info: multicaf.org/2020/03/19/pour-repondre-a-une-demande-importante-causee-par-la-pandemie-multicaf-diversifie-sa-clientele/
- Salvation Army:
By appointment however, they do have resources for emergency food baskets. Can offer services in English, French and Spanish. The services offered in Montreal intended to support all immigrants and refugees without discrimination and target those not benefitting from a government-run program. This support includes providing concrete assistance to immigrants to help them adapt to their new environment and life; and promoting social integration by proposing various activities and volunteer opportunities, and referring residents to organizations that meet their specific needs. Contact: 514-766-2155, ext. 4 or salvationarmy.ca/quebec