Special annual events
Peewee ‘A’ National Outdoor Hockey Tournament
Every February, the City runs a Peewee ‘A’ National Outdoor Hockey Tournament in the Confederation Annex of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau park to raise money for the Manoir Ronald McDonald of Montreal.
Our unique tournament, which began in 2009, welcomes teams from Quebec, Ontario and the United States. It lets players experience our game of hockey the way it was originally played. Some of the highlights of our tournament include:
- A minimum of 3 games guaranteed for all teams
- Meal and beverages after each game for players and coaches
- Participation prizes for all players
- Awards for the MVP’s of each game
- Awards for the MVP’s of the tournament
- Individual gold and silver medals for the champions and finalist
- Banners for the champions and finalist
- Invitation for teams to participate in the City of Côte Saint-Luc`s free Winter Carnival activities on the Sunday of the tournament. Typical activities include inflatables, horse-drawn carriage rides, taffy on the snow, a pancake breakfast and more.
- Most importantly, our tournament helps to raise funds for the Manoir Ronald McDonald of Montreal. A portion of the teams registration fee goes to support this great cause and donations are also accepted throughout the tournament.