Paying your property tax bill
Taxes are paid in two instalments. For 2022, the deadlines for the two instalments are:
- 1st instalment: February 24, 2022
- 2nd instalment: May 25, 2022
Methods of payment
Your Côte Saint-Luc municipal tax bill can be paid using any of the following methods:
At your financial institution
- Online banking: Add the payee name VILLE DE COTE SAINTLUC TAXES and then use the 18-digit Matricule number found on your tax bill as your account/ customer ID. Please contact your financial institution if you are unable to find payee VILLE DE COTE SAINT-LUC – TAXES.
- Teller (You will need your tax bill payment stub(s))
- Bank machine (You will need your tax bill payment stub(s))
- Phone (You will need your 18-digit Matricule number to identify your municipal account)
Place cheque(s) and payment stub(s) in the return envelope sent to you with your tax bill, or mail your cheques to City Hall: City of Côte Saint-Luc, 5801 Cavendish Blvd., Côte Saint-Luc, QC H4W 3C3
Your mortgage company
If you pay your taxes through your mortgage, please contact your mortgage company to ensure that payment is made on time.
At Côte Saint-Luc City Hall (5801 Cavendish Blvd.)
In person (cash, cheque, Interac) weekdays from 9 am – noon and 1 pm – 4 pm. Note: Payment is recorded on the day it is received by the City. When paying by Internet or cheque, allow a minimum of three business days for your payment to reach us.
After a real estate transaction, the new owner(s) will not receive a copy of the municipal tax bill with their name, however, a statement of account will be mailed with the transfer duties (welcome tax) invoice indicating any amounts due for the property. The new property owner(s) must contact the City of Côte Saint-Luc Finance Department to make a request for a copy of the invoice in one of the following ways:
By e-mail: [email protected]
By phone: 514-485-6800, select #7
In person: City Hall, 5801 Cavendish Blvd.
Note: The new property owner(s) is/are responsible to ensure that tax payments are made on time, otherwise interest and penalties will be applied on late payments.
PDF, 161 KB