Aquatic and Community Centre
The Recreation Pool has a beach area for toddlers to play with fun water games, areas for lap swimming and aquasizes, a slide and a ramp for swimmers with disabilities. The Competition Pool is a 10-lane 25-metre pool with electronic scoring capabilities offering the latest advancements in competitive pool technologies.
The reception desk of the Aquatic and Community Centre is open daily from 6 am to 10 pm.
Statutory holidays: see what's open or closed.
DAILY ADMISSION FEE
- All patrons must pay the admission fee or be a FunCard holder to access the facility.
- Ages 0 to 2: Free
- Ages 3 to 17: $3
- Ages 18 to 59: $5
- Ages 60 and older: $3
- Free with Fun Card.
WATER SAFETY AND SWIM PROFICIENCY TEST
Proper supervision keeps you children safe. See Should I swim with my child? (PDF) for more information.
To swim in the Recreational Pool, the child must successfully complete 1 length of the Recreational Pool without stopping, grabbing the side, or their feet touching the bottom of the pool.
To swim in the Competition Pool that is 8 feet deep for the full 25 meters, children must successfully perform the Swim to Survive criteria:
- Roll into deep water: Orientate oneself at the surface after the entry. Any of the following entries would be equally accepted: dive, jump.
- Tread water for 1 minute: Support oneself at the surface head above the water.
- Swim 50 metres: using any method of swimming.
POOL AND LOCKER ROOM RULES
- Family Locker room is for families and those requiring the assistance of a caregiver.
OTHER GENERAL POOL RULES
The following are not permitted within the pool or pool area:
- Smoking, glass containers and alcoholic beverages.
- Pushing, shoving and /or rough play.
- Shoes and strollers.
- Inflatable flotation devices or toys.
- Diving in the shallow end.
- Verbal or physical aggression of any kind towards fellow patrons or staff.
- Hanging on the lane ropes.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied by a guardian to enter the facility. A guardian must be at least 15 years old. Guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Children 8 years old and younger must be within arm’s reach of their guardian at all times.
- Children 7 or 8 years old may be exempt from rule #2 if they can pass the swim proficiency test administered by a lifeguard.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Please walk around the pool and pool area.
- Only certified personal flotation devices may be used if approved by a lifeguard.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied up.
- Private swim lessons may only be conducted by personnel approved by the City.
- Specialized equipment and training must be approved by a lifeguard.
- The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Failure to respect the pool rules, the staff and City policies may result in being removed from the Facility. If necessary, may result in being refused re-admission to the Facility.
- Children must be 4 years old or older to use the slide.
- Children in lifejackets or using an approved floatation device are not permitted to use the slide.
- Always check that the landing area is clear before sliding.
- Always follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- For safety reasons, the slide may be closed during busy periods.
- Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. Swimmers must swim continuously.
- For your safety and out of respect for your fellow swimmers please follow our Lap Swimming Etiquette.
- Daily: 6:15 am to 9:30 pm
- A valid Fun Card must be shown to ensure access. Residents only.
- Masks are strongly recommended while using equipment, and mandatory when moving around the fitness room.
- Residents must wipe down and disinfect their equipment before and after each use
- Minimum age: 13 years old
- 4 treadmills,
- 2 recumbent bikes,
- 4 ellipticals,
- 2 stair masters,
- cable machine,
- free weights