Aquatic and Community Centre
The Recreation Pool has a beach area for toddlers to play with fun water games, areas for lap swimming and aquasizes, a slide and a ramp for swimmers with disabilities. The Competition Pool is a 10-lane 25-metre pool with electronic scoring capabilities offering the latest advancements in competitive pool technologies.
In effect as of March 14, 2022
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, patrons visiting our installations must adhere to the following:
- Face coverings for individuals 10 years and over must be worn at all times, even while participating in in-person programming. For more information, see Wearing a mask or a face covering in public settings in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entry.
NOTE: Rules are subject to change frequently according to latest government guidelines and recommendations. Facility staff will inform of any change upon your arrival.
The reception desk of the Aquatic and Community Centre is open daily from 6 am to 10 pm.
ACC BUILDING ACCESS
As of April 1, 2022
- Entrance: Patrons must enter the building by the main entrance located at 5794 Parkhaven.
- Exit: The exit is indicated with signs and arrows.
- All patrons must pay the admission fee or be a FunCard holder to access the facility.
- Ages 0 to 4: $2
- Ages 5 to 17: $3
- Ages 18 and older: $4
- Ages 60 and older: $3
- Free with Fun Card.
POOL AND LOCKER ROOM RULES
- Locker rooms are available for changing after your swim.
- Swimmers 8 years old and younger must be accompanied in the water by a guardian of at least 15 years of age and can swim in the comp pool if they are sharing the lane with a parent, if space permits.
- Swimmers 9 – 15 years of age are allowed to swim on their own once a parent has provided them access to the building.
- Masks can only be removed prior to entering the water and must be worn immediately upon exiting the water and throughout the building including the locker rooms.
- Masks must be kept on at all times when adults are standing in the Splash Pad, or any deck area.
- No crowding around ramp or ladders when entering or exiting the pools.
- Family Locker room is for families and those requiring the assistance of a caregiver.
POOL CAPACITY AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
- A parent may swim laps with their child of 8 years and under, as long as they can pass the swim test. Children 9 years and over should have their own lane, as long as they can pass the swim test.
- Patrons using the recreation pool must enter the pool deck through the family changing room.
OTHER GENERAL POOL RULES
The following are not permitted within the pool or pool area:
- Smoking, glass containers and alcoholic beverages.
- Pushing, shoving and /or rough play.
- Shoes and strollers.
- Water wing flotations.
- Diving in the shallow end.
- Verbal or physical aggression of any kind towards fellow patrons or staff.
- Hanging on the lane ropes.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied by a guardian to enter the facility. A guardian must be at least 15 years old. Guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Children 8 years old and younger must be within arm’s reach of their guardian at all times.
- Children 7 or 8 years old may be exempt from rule #2 if they can pass the swim proficiency test administered by a lifeguard.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Please walk around the pool and pool area.
- Only certified personal flotation devices may be used if approved by a lifeguard.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied up.
- Private swim lessons may only be conducted by personnel approved by the City.
- Specialized equipment and training must be approved by a lifeguard.
- The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Failure to respect the pool rules, the staff and City policies may result in being removed from the Facility. If necessary, may result in being refused re-admission to the Facility.
- Children must be 4 years old or older to use the slide.
- Children in lifejackets or using an approved floatation device are not permitted to use the slide.
- Always check that the landing area is clear before sliding.
- Always follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- For safety reasons, the slide may be closed during busy periods.
- Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimmers. Swimmers must swim continuously.
- For your safety and out of respect for your fellow swimmers please follow our Lap Swimming Etiquette.