Download the following application form:
If you live in a multi-family dwelling with shared parking, such as an apartment, duplex or condo, download the following attestation form:
The permit is available only to residents of Côte Saint-Luc who have no other parking space available to them where they live.
Here are some common situations where a resident would be eligible to receive a permit:
- You live in an apartment building and there are no more available parking spaces.
- You live in a house and your family has four cars but only enough room to park three of them in your garage and driveway.
- You rent a duplex and the owner won’t rent his parking space to you.
Here are some common situations where a resident would not be eligible to receive a permit:
- You live in an apartment building or duplex and there are available parking spaces but they are too expensive.
- You live in an apartment building or duplex and there are parking spaces but they are being used by the owner to store something other than a non-commercial vehicle.
- You live in a house have enough room to park the cars in the garage and driveway but you have to move the cars every morning so the cars in the garage can leave.
- You live in a house and have three cars. You have room for two cars in your driveway. But because you use your garage parking spaces as storage you are short one parking space.
Since 1974, Côte Saint-Luc by-law 1364 has prohibited driveways from having a slope of more than 10 percent. However, a small number of properties may have such steep driveways. If you have nowhere else to park your vehicle except for a driveway with a slope of 10 percent or greater, you may be eligible for an overnight parking permit. A city inspector can measure the slope of your driveway but you must pay a $35 fee when you submit the application form. This fee will not be reimbursed. However, if your slope is greater than 10 percent and you are eligible for a permit, we will deduct $35 from your bill.
Given that David Lewis St., Tommy Douglas St., and Bernard Mergler Cres. were originally constructed as part of the City of Montreal and therefore many driveways have slopes greater than 10 percent, the City of Cote Saint-Luc has decided to solely look at available garage spaces to be “available parking spaces” on those streets.
If your application is accepted, you will be permitted to buy a permit for one or more months.
- Residents of Tommy Douglas St., David Lewis St. or Bernard Mergler Cr.
Due to the unique home construction on those streets, the fee for a monthly permit is $10 for residents of Tommy Douglas St., David Lewis St. or Bernard Mergler Cr.
- All other residents
The fee a monthly permit for all other residents is $25. A yearly permit is $240.
NOTE: Residents who pre-purchase three months or more will pay the equivalent of $20 per month. All fees are subject to change by the City of Côte Saint-Luc.
Refunds for returned parking permits
No refunds will be issued.
Change of licence plate number
If your licence plate number has changed, please come to City Hall (5801, boul. Cavendish), or send by fax to 514-485-6863 a copy of your new vehicle registration, and a permit will be reissued. If your car is being repaired, and you wish to park your rental or other replacement vehicle on the street, you are required to obtain a temporary parking permit by calling Public Security at 514-485-6960.