The Emergency Alerts Service allows you to opt in to receive notifications via phone calls, text messages, emails and more based on locations you care about. You can choose to receive notifications about events that may affect your home, workplace, family’s schools and more.
When will it be used?
The Emergency Alerts Service will be used to notify you about imminent threats to your health and safety as well as informational notifications that affect where you live or work in the city. We will send notifications regarding severe weather, flooding, gas leaks, police activity and more.
Three ways to get urgent messages
We can send you urgent messages in one or more ways. You decide how much info to share with us.
- Home phone: We have automatically added the home phone numbers (i.e., landlines) that are publicly available for all addresses in Côte Saint-Luc. So, if your phone number is listed in the phone book, we’ve already added it to our database. Note: If your home phone number is unlisted or if you just want to make sure we have it, you can send it to us using the online form. Don’t worry. If we already had your home phone number in our database, you won’t be called twice. There is no harm in adding your home phone number more than once.
- Mobile phone: If you want to also be notified of an emergency on your mobile phone, you must send us your mobile phone number. You can choose to receive emergency messages through a voice call and/or a text message.
- Email address: If you want to also be notified of an emergency by email, you must send us your email address.
What if I can’t pick up the phone?
When you receive a call from the City of Côte Saint-Luc, the number on your call display will read 866-419-5000. If you aren’t able to pick up the phone, simply call the toll-free number to hear the message.
How to add or change your contact information
To add your mobile phone number and email address to our database, or to ensure that we have your listed or unlisted home phone number, here’s what to do.
- Step 1: Click Create an account (for first-time users) or Login (if you signed up previously).
- Step 2: To sign up, complete the form and click Continue
- Step 3: Verify the information and click Submit
Note: This lets us know where you live so we can send specific information to you if the event only affects, say, your block or your building.